Blister cards are a cost effective alternative to "plastic intensive" packaging such as clamshells, while still offering a similar look. In light of rising petroleum prices, many of our customers have chosen to make the switch to blister cards in order to reduce packaging costs by up to 60% and to eliminate up to 75% of the plastic from their packaging for a more environmentally friendly offering.
Our equipment includes rotary blister card sealing machines to handle both small and large production runs. Opportunities has years of experience helping customers work through the entire process of packaging their products in blister cards. We can walk you through the process from thermoforming (making the blisters), to blister card printing (which requires special coating), and sealing. Call Opportunities to discuss your blister card needs.
Information to consider for pricing blister carded projects:
- Size of the item(s) to be packaged (L x W x H)
- Size of the blister card
- Coating on the card (aqueous or solvent based)
- Dimensions of the blister cavity (L x W x D)
- Flange size
- Placement of the blister on the card
- Weight of the total product in each package
- Quantity of units to be blister packed
- Number of units that will be packed into the master carton or display
- Type of plastic to be used to manufacture the blister (i.e. PVC, PET, RPETG)
- Note: Blister cards do require tooling
- Provide timelines and lead-times. When do you need us to begin your project and when would you like Opportunities, Inc. to complete the entire project?
If you want a blister carded product and don't know the answers to these questions, please contact Opportunities, Inc., we are here to help guide you through the process.